Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sausage really ready to go in Berlin


Berlin takes to-go food to new heights with these sausage bearing men. I saw several of them; they wore these mobile sausage cooking and vending get ups. Isn't this crazy? I think the sausages were about 1,50 on a bun.


A group of us went out to eat at the ubiquitous currywurst stand. Currywurst doesn't sound interesting to me, but I tried a bite, just so I can report on it; after all, it's a fast food staple in Berlin. Think of a cut up hot dog with a ketchup-y sauce with some mild chili or curry power sprinkled on it. My dining partners didn't like this particular currywurst that much; we stopped by a little hut near the Tiergarten and the Reichstag. The Brötchen (bread roll; literally, "little bread") served with it was disappointing, too; it wasn't the normal type that is crisp on the outside and soft in the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment