Friday, July 19, 2013

Restaurant Review: Heller's, Mannheim, Germany

www.hellers-restaurant.de
N 7, 13-15
(between Wasserturm and Hauptbahnhof)
68161 Mannheim

Oh my deliciousness. Seriously. I visited Heller's restaurant in March when visiting Mannheim with some friends.  I had heard good things about this vegetarian and vegan buffet restaurant where diners choose from an extensive buffet of hot and cold salads, mains, and side dishes and then pay by weight.

Half of the dishes available were a huge assortment of cold salads and the other half were cooked items and soups. There are global offerings with Middle Eastern, Indian, and other types of dishes on offer. There were desserts in the buffet and there is another section where there are cakes and other desserts available.

I filled two plates for around 11 euros and loved everything. My two friends, who are usually meat eaters, were really happy with their non-meat choices, too. The restaurant was jam-packed on a Saturday but we did find a seat. I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment