Saturday, January 18, 2014

Animals are useful too & weather musings

In our corner of Germany, the weather has been so mild this winter, especially compared to last winter. On my break today I went for a walk with just a fleece sweatshirt on. I enjoyed the blue skies and sparse white clouds in 52 degrees. It is usually so gray and cloudy during the winter that it felt absolutely amazing to soak up some sunlight on Friday. I couldn't stop smiling.

Last year around this time, it was in the 20s or so with some snow. I was still looking for an apartment and walking around in the cold during my search. I didn't have a huge wardrobe with me so I found myself getting quite cold on my walks.

I had this revelation about being cold when I heard of family and friends in the US getting copious amounts of snow around the holidays:

A dog's armpit is the right size to stick one's foot under to keep warm and a cat's armpit is the right size for one's hand. Coincidence? I think not.


No comments:

Post a Comment