Friday, July 14, 2017

The current state of German learning

I took and passed the telc B2 German test this spring with a score of "gut," which is not dazzling but certainly acceptable. Now I'm finishing up a C1.1 class and had the thoughts below.

If you would have told me five years ago that the culmination of my learning German would be writing something like "Teachers stand in the middle of the ranking list, with an average of one third of the votes," I'm not sure if I would've done a *headdesk* or asked why I would even want to write something like this. Yes, I would like to attain a high level of German, but man, the advanced level (C1) is killing my soul with boring writing exercises right now. I guess that's what one gets when one is trying to pass a test that also serves as a fluency exam for admission to German-speaking university.

No comments:

Post a Comment