Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Weilerbach and creepy ice cream

My friend E. and I ventured forth to Weilerbach, a town between Kaiserslautern and Ramstein, for the Bauernmarkt (farmers' market) on 15 June. It was a special event with a few produce stands, local businesses, fest food, kiddie rides, a flea market, and the Sunday opening of a few businesses. It was a bit funny that it was the farmers' market and there weren't that many farmers represented by booths, but it was a fun, small festival nonetheless.

We did come across a somewhat confusing sight, though: the "California ice cream" booth. As far as I know, there is not a particular type of California ice cream. I wonder if there is a South Dakota ice cream too, or if this is a marketing idea that a German had? Anyway, check out Aunt Sam* (I guess). I find her a bit scary, and the scoop of ice cream on the left looks a little bit like some sort of alien double trunked elephant thing, eh?



Then we found this dog, which didn't make me feel any better!

I cleared those images from my mind and we enjoyed the rest of the festival.


*Slightly misshapen wife of Uncle Sam, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment